Wednesday 16 October 2013

Please clear customs ....

Where has all the time gone, it feels like i just got here....
Well my daughter is one week old today Sachi Kaur. We arrived in India at 0345 in the morning, with a lot of luggage and got to our empty apartment. 

My plan of course, was to stock the apartment, get formula for bb, whatever else she needed including diapers, formula, a bassinet etc. stock our apartment with what else it needed and patiently wait for my child to be born. Ha!

Its hard to get around in India when you don't speak the language, and don't have a car. 
Not impossible mind you. Just difficult. So we managed to grab a few things and headed over to see Sachi 

Beautiful... I was holding her and couldn't actually believe she was mine. I am a nurse you see, and I have held plenty of babies. So I was sitting there, and this little tiny thing is snuggling against me and I am thinking ... this is mine, we really did this. We are sitting half way around the world holding our child. After so long. How many people were involved to make this possible? Something that's so easy for some? Isn't science a miracle? 

I was filling out the FRRO paperwork this morning, and I was writing the SCI address down, as ISIS hospital IVF and Multispeciality Centre. We watched Sachi from her first heartbeat ultrasound thanks to this clinic and this wonderful woman Dr. Shivani, who gave us a child when no one else could. There are just no words. 





5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter, sci is helping make our dreams come true also, our wonderful surrogate is 16 weeks with twins and i cant wait to hold them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, the fulfillment of your dreams she is so beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words. It's a close bond we all share

    ReplyDelete